Wed 16, Oct 2019 08:47 PM (IST)

All Tibetan activists except Tsundue released from jail in Chennai
Tibetan court rules in favor of Penpa Tsering in case no. 20
Dalai Lama urges India’s stewardship in promoting secular ethics in modern education
Respite for Tibetans in Nepal as extradition treaty with China shelved
CTA Prez heads to Prague for 23rd Forum 2000
Tibetan activists arrested at Chennai airport and Xi Jinping’s hotel
India should raise the Tibet issue during Modi-Xi Summit: Former Govt. advisor on Tibet
Indian support group urges release of Tibetan students detained before Xi's visit
NBA defiant as China stops broadcasting games after Hong Kong tweet row
Tibetans in Nepal 'sitting ducks' as China presses Kathmandu to sign extradition treaty
Readers' Comments on "Promoting Vegetaranism: an Interview"
"Where Tibetans go, butchers flourish," they say. But this is soon to end if efforts of a lone Tibetan youth is to bear fruit. Tenzin Kunga Luding, a Tibetan youth is on a mission to bring about vegetarianism in the Tibetan society....
Kevin Kraft

Location: Illionios. USA
Subject: The sound of one hand...
Feb 24 2005 05:37 PM

Not many executives are willing to fight to get something [on that magnitude] approved," Cap Gemini Ernst & Young vice president Kevin Kraft told NewsFactor. Indeed, most executives walk away feeling incredibly lucky if they have been able to get any new enterprise application funded.
supporter

Location: india
Subject: to Nan Sea Love
Feb 21 2005 02:35 PM

Hello Ms Nan,

I know thier email add and one of thier trustee member. Please contact them at
E-mail: t4vs@rediffmail.com
Phone of Mrs. Rinzin (Delhi)
(Mobile)9212216062, 011-23813960

We all need to support them.

Tsering
Nan Sea Love

Location: California
Subject: Wonderful how do we donate $ & support?
Feb 21 2005 02:55 AM

This is wonderful idea whose time has not only come but is long overdue. I have tried to find Tenzin Kunga Luding and his society and cannot. i want to donate to them and offer support. Any ideas. Nan Sea
gelek

Location: toronto
Subject: good job
Feb 20 2005 06:59 AM

Tenzin la, I think you are doing a great job. Not only for the animals but for the environment. We have only borrowed this world from our children and not inherited it from out parents.
Urgyen Chokyi

Location: Antrim, NH, USA
Subject: Vegetarianism
Jan 31 2005 09:24 PM

But, what about people who are prescribed by their health care providers to eat meat for health reasons, and/or for financial reasons would otherwise have nothing or little to eat other than what is provided to them through soup kitchens, food pantries, Meal-On_Wheels, etc.? Starving only contributes to the loss of lean body mass, and is very dangerous.
tan how boon

Location: singapore
Subject: Vegetarian is the only answer
Jan 31 2005 07:28 PM

I totally agree with being a vegetarian as no one can really prove that it is an unhealthy life style. I was a vegetarian for ten years and switched back to non-vegetarian for another ten years. I personally have to tell you the different of how I have bad health like high blood pressure and other uncontrollable bad and quick temper due to greed and ignorance in my life routine. Finally, I have switched bad to vegetarian for almost coming to five years. Because of the differences in my experience, I vow that I will continue to be a vegetarian in my life and life after.
Choephel

Location: Chicago
Subject: Vegetarianism
Jan 29 2005 08:55 PM

Finally, there is someone who is willing to put his mouth where his religion is- dedicating his life in the pursuit of compassion( which includes staying away from eating animals). This, coming from a young lay Tibetan, challeges all of us who pretend to save all sentient beings by murmuring mantras endlessly but salivate at the sight of cow tongues, tails, lungs etc. Here is a joke which is gaining currency. A cow was found death in the vicinity of the great stupa Buddhist stupa in Kathmandu. The owner of the cow, who happened to be a Hindu, while making arrangment for the disposal of his death cow, advised his young son to keep guard over the death cow with the stern warning " don't let any Tibetan near the cow". After a while, his father came back and saw blood dripping from the cow's mouth and asked his son if anyone neared the death cow. His young son said, " no father, but I saw an innocous-looking elderly Tibetan murmuring Om mani Padme hum and kneading his prayer beads.
Dawa

Location: US
Subject: Vegetarianism = Buddhism
Jan 27 2005 07:10 AM

I am happy to hear about Tibetan vegetarians. I was a vegetarian for several years, but it was always hard when I went to Tibetan friends' houses for meals. I got to eat only some wretched salad ... cabbage and carrot salad for Naropa's sake!
I some times eat meat at Tibetan friends' houses now, (meat seem to appear more attractive while I am with my Tib friends...Is that because of the little growls and smacking sounds Tibs make while eating meat???)otherwise I am a vegetarian.
Indian Buddhists have lived for thousands of years as vegetarians Tibetans could do the same thing... i.e those of us who are interested in it. Anyway, hearing about this Tibetan Vegetarian Society is really encouraging. Thank you.
Justine Curtis

Location: Australia
Subject: Your work is legendary!
Jan 19 2005 04:19 PM

Tenzin,

I am a Vegan English woman who is working with the Australia Tibet Council. I am very inspired by what you have created - of course it has been impossible for the Tibetan race to be vegetarian whilst living in their homeland, but now that climate and accessibility to food has changed they can of course embrace animal rights through their diet. You are GREAT!
tenchok

Location: magalore
Subject: veg is better than non veg as being a bhuddist
Jan 08 2005 08:05 PM

hi,tenzin kunga luding lak,
here,,i would like to say few things regarding the promoting of vegetaranism.i am very much deeply impressed the steps you have taken to save the life of animal.you have shown us the good path way for all the people of world.i am fully supprot with you moreover,i wanted to be like you.after going through your interveiw,i recalled my previuos time that i ws very bad and now after reading this i got confidence that some has come up to show us to save the life of poor animal.they r same like us.they wanted to free but man`s desire has shattered th life of animal.
i conclude that you just carry on your work and i pray to god that your work will be successful and progressive.you are not only awareness of slaughter animal but also fulfilling His Holiness desire,really you are great.i like it.
Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ...8
LODI GYARI - A LEGENDARY DIPLOMAT - OBITUARY (17:11, 17 Nov 2018)
Govt. of India’s post of advisor for Tibet likely to remain vacant until Xi's 2019 visit (13:11, 16 Nov 2018)
Twitter CEO meets Dalai Lama, calls him “an amazing teacher” (00:11, 15 Nov 2018)
UN says it must respect the “sovereignty, independence, and territorial integrity” of China (20:11, 13 Nov 2018)
Nepal applauds China at UPR for its work in Tibet (20:11, 13 Nov 2018)
CTA appoints five 5-50 youth ambassadors (0)
Tibetans lived in three provinces as one entity: His Holiness at Tenshug ceremony (0)
CTA begins lobby for a revised Tibet Policy Act at Washington DC (0)
Dialogue the means to resolve Hong Kong crisis: Dalai Lama (0)