Tue 23, Sep 2014 01:49 PM (IST)

Dalai Lama reiterates call for autonomy
Tibetan student immolates self in Tsoe
Time has come for religious leaders to be "more active": Dalai Lama
A lone protester sentenced to 10 years in prison
WeChat leads to arrest of two Tibetans
Tibet raised at the 27th session of UN Human Rights Council
Tibetan activists protest Xi in Delhi
TYC activists storm Chinese Embassy in New Delhi as Xi begins India tour
Sixty Tibetan students detained in Baroda, Gujurat
Eight RTYC chapters reject TYC resolution to cancel membership
Readers' Comments on "CAN SOME GOOD COME FROM THE RFA CONTROVERSY?"
Watching the Radio Free Asia (RFA) controversy unfold has been a painful process, not the least because it threatens to overshadow the tragedy inside Tibet and complicate support for Tibet in the US Congress. Given that this unwelcome controversy cannot be wished away, however,...
sg569

Location: Jang Ari
Subject: Re: Clear your mind!
Jan 25 2013 07:15 PM

Sempakarpo/Sempanagpo la,

Thank you for admitting my point that there is NOTHING in this article that is "venomous."

You can speculate on "underlying intention," just as I can speculate on YOUR underlying intention in trying to attack anyone who dares discuss a serious problem. But I am not a mind reader, nor are you, so we can not know intention -- especially when the act itself (the article) is not venomous, as you admit.

If I can summarize your point: "There is nothing bad in what this article says, so I am going to attack the author's intention in saying it, even though I admit that what he said was fine."

Funny.
sempakarpo

Location: Switzerland
Subject: Clear your mind!
Jan 25 2013 01:45 PM

SG569,
I am now convinced, since you are asking me to point out “venom” from the article, that your intelligence does not allow you to grasp things outside the article to sense the underlying intention of the writer beyond the article. Unfortunately, I cannot help you to see the ‘venom’ if you have limitation and are not used to doing holistic analysis.
From Sempanagpo (to make you happy)
sg569

Location: Jang Ari
Subject: Re: Detach yourself from personal grudges!
Jan 25 2013 06:01 AM

Sempakarpo/Sempanagpo la,

Ahh I see: you think the "venom" is that supposedly "JN, TPR & people like you falsely charge our Sikyong and CTA of wrong-doing"

Well my challenge was for you to show EXACTLY what was venomous about this TPR article, so let us leave irrelevant JN la out of this.

Now getting to business, I do not see a SINGLE place in this article where TPR accuses Sikyong la of wrong-doing. Do you???

I do not think you can find. So I am sure you will happily RETRACT your accusations about "venom," and read more closely next time before you attack anyone who dares to discuss the messy reality of our society like a Tibetan Taleban.

Or if you can prove me wrong, and show me a SINGLE place where TPR's article accused Sikyong la of wrong-doing, I will call myself "Sempanagpo"!
sempakarpo

Location: Switzerland
Subject: Detach yourself from personal grudges!
Jan 24 2013 04:23 PM

SG569, Your provocative style of addressing me in your comments does reflect your personality. Don’t you think it is venomous if JN, TPR & people like you falsely charge our Sikyong and CTA of wrong-doing without any proofs??? So the ball is in your court to prove the charges.
Tseta

Subject: Correction made on final Judgment.
Jan 22 2013 07:28 PM

Subject: I need to know your true judgment?
Jan 22 2013 10:18 AM
Assanga: Concerning this taking sides and making baseless critics, I hate all these nonsense as because it is good for nothing hassles. I am much more concerned on our common cause for which millions died and many thousands sacrificed their precious lives. At present in Tibet our brothers and sisters are burning themselves in protest to voice for our very common cause, this is what it matters most and we have to weigh everything with the sacrifices made by our brave hearts in Tibet.
You are not sticking with the subject matters and still not answering my question. Anyhow, I have here one more question, suppose a person is being shot by two types of gun using same bullet, one just an ordinary gun and one plated with gold and ivory, do you think that there would be different pain, injury or different type of death from the same bullet? Answer me!
I haven’t voted for Sikyong Lobsang Sengye but once he was elected by majority of public votes, which means he is an able person, even HHDL praised his leadership, than why not we support him to succeed his tenure for our common cause.

Concerning Mr. Dana Rohbacher, whatsoever the personality, status or his support on us may be, for me it seems that he did erased his good will and his traces of support by using those insulting words of allegations on CTA. Suppose for an example: Mr. Dana is your very good friend and supporter, there was a situation when your house was on fire, your father was doing his best to douse the house on fire, and then in between Mr. Dana appears and says: Your father is misusing the money I gave and have affairs with other women, even though Mr. Dana is not clear with his allegations. So, at such tragic situation where would you stand? Will you help your father to douse the house on fire or you would believe Mr. Dana’s baseless allegation as tough love on your family. Would this be your final stand or judgment?
Tseta

Subject: I need to know your true judgment?
Jan 22 2013 10:18 AM

Whatsoever the personality, status or his support on us may be, for me it seems that he erased his good will and his traces of support by using those insulting words of allegations on CTA. Suppose for an example: Mr. Dana is your very good friend and supporter, there was a situation when your house was on fire, your father was doing his best to douse the house on fire, and then in between Mr. Dana appears and says: Your father is misusing the money I gave and have affairs with other women, even though Mr. Dana is not clear with his allegations. So, at such tragic situation where would you stand? Will you help your father to douse the house on fire or you would believe Mr. Dana’s baseless allegation and believe it as tough love from Dana. Would this be your final judgment?
sg569

Location: Jang Ari
Subject: RFA saga is a test for us
Jan 22 2013 03:42 AM

Sempakarpo/Sempanagpo la,

You still have not responded to my challenge to prove EXACTLY what is
"venomous" about this article.

Do you have any basis at all, or any leg to stand on in your argument? If not I respectfully suggest you just admit you are unhappy because you disagree with it.

Don't pretend there is anything "venomous" with trying to expose the dirty side of the Tibetan system, which we all know exists.
UdumChen

Location: zamling
Subject: drokpo dhang drokmo tso
Jan 22 2013 12:59 AM

Kalmon nangwa tsam gyi Chitsok thrug theb ki marey. Kalmon drangpo dhang Sempa namdag jhe ney nang na, phentsun go tsoe pa dhang Chitsok la thenjag and yargye dro gyi red. Chig la gnod ki rey Ngyi la gnod ki rez lab ne kha tsum de na, yargye dro ki marey. Kalmon shal sang ne nang na phen ya matog gnod ya ghang yang yod ma rey.
sempakarpo

Location: Switzerland
Subject: Turn your theory into result
Jan 19 2013 07:16 PM

Assanga and SG569, to save everyone’s time and above all for the sake of our cause, seek co-operations from the hard-lover congressman and TPR and take the case in your hand and prove it if you think LS and others are sucked into the whirlpool of RFA controversy etc and we will be thankful. Otherwise, ` chitsok matrug rog nang’.
Question yourself why is Ngapo Jigme the protagonist is not complaining in any form or shape which might help you guys understand the source of venom.

Subject: Political whirl pool can prove fatal
Jan 18 2013 10:51 PM

Hello Semakarpo &Tseta la

I was as much saddened and disturbed as any sane Tibetan to read Congressman Dana's angry out burst. Like you, I too was tempted to spew some venom on his motives. BUT after lots of self-introspection, the saner reaction I chose was to treat the honorable Congressman's outburst as an expression of tough love. Just we Tibetans say" Nyen Shha-tshe Kha-ne Tamyne mei" This is because Congressman Dana does not seem to be a stranger who just popped up from nowhere. The report says that he is a strong Tibetan supporter. It also says the he holds an important position in the scrutiny of fund.

Also, I request you NOT to read my postings in isolation. My vote too went to Dr.Lobsang Sangay la. He had a golden chance to bring about a paradigm shift to our degenerated and redundant political culture. He could carve for himselfa special niche in the 2139 years of Tibetan history. He could do that. I say so, because I remember that way back in 1990s as a youth activist in Delhi, he proved his mettle by bringing Choe-ngna Tsering to surrender. I thought he is a fearless man of strong determination. I hoped that he will be able to wade through our decadent political legacy akin to the proverbial lotus.

Political whirl pool;
I now see the Sikyong LS inadvertently getting sucked in the whirl pool of RFA controversy, which honestly is not of his own making. As I wrote earlier, noises against RFA and direct- question- taking in VOA Kunleng were being raised as early as 2006 by morally challenged politicians like Penpa Tsering and Lobsang Nyendark Zayul. Samdong Rinpoche then was intelligent enough to realize that values like democracy/ freedom of speech etc. can not be compromised while dealing with Americans. That is why- when Samdong Rinpoche was Katri, we could enjoy unlimited freedom of speech in Phayul, especially MESSAGES( now shut!!) .Now comes this interference in RFA editorial freedom , culminating in the firing of Ngabo Jigme.

I would like to request Sikyong bLS not to compromise on such vital issues. Be strong. H.H. and Tibetan people behind you. Do not get caught in whirl pools.

Page : [1] 2 3
China arrests popular Tibetan singer after packed concert (10:05, 27 May 2014)
TYC condemns protests against Dalai Lama by Shugden followers (22:05, 26 May 2014)
Historical texts reveal Tibetan solution (17:05, 24 May 2014)
Arunachal Buddhist lama found hanging in Delhi Apt (01:05, 24 May 2014)
31 dead, 90 injured in Urumqi blasts (14:05, 23 May 2014)
Labrang monk sentenced to 5 years in prison (0)
Nepal to allow Buddhist leader's cremation (0)
Tibetan PM reaffirms commitment to MWA at prayer marking 3 years (0)
10 injured as Chinese police open fire on Tibetans in Derge (0)
TYC expels executive members of eight regional chapters (0)
President Xi likely to talk status of Tibetan government with India (0)
Tibetans commemorate 54th Democracy Day (0)
Tibetan exiles commemorate 100 years of Shimla Convention (0)
The Great Middleway Referendum Swindle - by Jamyang Norbu (0)
Tibetan student immolates self in Tsoe (0)
TYC activists storm Chinese Embassy in New Delhi as Xi begins India tour (0)
Sixty Tibetan students detained in Baroda, Gujurat (0)
Tibetan Parliament discusses Xi’s visit to India (0)
14 Nobel laureates urge Zuma to grant visa to Dalai Lama (0)
8th Tibetan Parliament session begins, calls on India to talk Tibet with Xi (0)
Eight RTYC chapters reject TYC resolution to cancel membership (0)
Nepal bars Tibetan from celebrating 54th Tibetan Democracy Day (0)