Mon 11, Dec 2017 04:49 PM (IST)

Peace must come through inner peace: Dalai Lama in Mumbai
President Sangay lobbies in US, meets politicians
Tibet Fund confirms 1.5 million USD loan to grant agreement
Gere testifies before Congress on Tibet issue, lauds support
Dalai Lama leaves on 20-day tour of South India
Canadian PM Trudeau raises human rights issue in China
Richard Gere to testify before Congress on US policy towards Tibet
Ancient Indian knowledge helped us in times of trouble: Dalai Lama
Tibetan refugee traders hassled, accused of using profit against Indian interests
Readers' Comments on "US proposes new Tibetan refugee admissions program"
The US President's FY 2006 Refugee Admissions Program proposal, conveyed to the US Congress on August 30, 2005, includes a new program to resettle certain Tibetans from Nepal in the United States....
ngaten

Location: Kathmandu
Subject: The Secret Gang against Corrupt Official
Oct 23 2005 11:37 AM

It is time to handle these corrupt tibetan official who had been having free hand since 1991.
You are welcome to join this Secret Gang to teach a unforgetable lesson to these corrupt official who thinks they are the ones who are sending tibetans to US.
Roll up your sleeves and get ready for the action.
Anybody mistreated by the official should record the incident and send a copy to <voiceofvulnerable@earthling.net>
Together we make sure corrupts are history.
ngaten

Location: Kathmandu
Subject: RC, what RC?
Oct 21 2005 10:53 AM

Yes, I know when RC being distributed our official started charging not less than NPRs.7000/each while Nepalese govt. charge none. that is the kind of Officials we have.
What sort of criteria is this about having RC or no RC. I read the Proposal and it is mentioned the VULNERABLES. Those who could not shell out Rs.7000 are without RC. Whose ideas is this anyway. I can smell already fishy as expected.
I hope US Govt. stick to their goal of sending the VULNERABLES, if not all the tibetans in Nepal. tibetans in general have lost faith in their official.
Selling Green Book is widely known fact, is anybody doing something about it. May be not because they are in the same boat.
This time, things are different. If the selection is not conducted tranparently and honestly. We will take the matter in our own hand and deal the Al Capone way.
Just watch out.
Write me at:
voiceofvulnerable@earthling.net
Tamdin wangyal

Location: Pokhara
Subject: refugee admission program paralyse the hope of PRC
Oct 07 2005 04:32 PM

The present burning context in our exile community on the refugee resettlement project in the US.

The PRC is silently sufferring and cannot endure the program if our feeling and thought are express in the media. In my personal veiw, Nepal is not the perfect or ideal niche to carry on political activities. It is well known that restriction are always there such as occassion like 10th March, 6th July.

We need a place to hibernate and sanctuary to continue our struggle for democracy and freedom. PRC non compromise attitude on middle way approach as well as putting so much pressure on his holiness the Dalai lama
force to declare the issue of tibet and Taiwan as integral part of PRC as pre-condition for any official level talk.

The PRC must understand new generation stance. We respect human right, basic freedom stated in the UN charter and we are fully devoted to the people's democracy. PRC cannot lure our exile community. Unless PRC respect our views.
Free Tibet!
Dhondup

Location: Nepal
Subject: Why CTA can't take better step
Oct 06 2005 05:21 PM

Respected Chief Minister and CTA,
I am here to request you that sending Tibetans from Nepal to USA should be in welfare for all Tibetans in general. I know that CTA has taken great consideration to Non Tibetan Refugee Card Holders but if you know clear about peoples condition in Nepal than I don’t have to mention that Tibetans who don’t have card personally have equal rights than Tibetans who possess card as their name is listed on their parents Refugee Card. So, that means, they can get job in Nepali institutes like schools and banks and to have licence for driving and riding motorbike by using their parents Refugee Card. I have friends who have equal rights even though they don’t have Refugee Cards.
So, I hope you will consider all this matter and make all Tibetans satisfied because there are many Tibetans who are very poor but they have Refugee Cards and it is totally unfair to them.
So, I hope you will make this agenda more clear because there are many Tibetans in different circumstances. I accept if Chief Minister and CTA will give priority to Tibetans including parents and children doesn’t have Refugee Card then it is very good because these Tibetans people are in great problem otherwise Tibetans who have no card himself
but if their parents have then they will not kick out from the Nepal as their parents have Refugee Card and their children names are listed in his Card and that’s why they can apply job and got licence in Nepal. Many of them also traveled in Europe and America.
If CTA plan is for welfare of all Tibetans in Nepal, then why they cannot allotted each seat to one member of a family as they are only 5000 tibetan families in Nepal.
I also hope CTA realized they past mistake in 1991 which cause many problems and hope they will not repeat such mistakes again and this mistake will have greater impact on unity of all Tibetans.

Jamgyal

Location: Boudha, Nepal
Subject: This resettlement is what Chinese wanted!
Oct 04 2005 08:12 PM

For the first time I was very glad to know this news and I posted some comments and welcomed, because I am really poor man. But now my mind has changed and I got to know that we Tibetans should face minor problems.
Apparently, that is our previous bad karma of all Tibetans to suffer a lot of problems. We must experience our own karma. USA Dollar is not our weapon to fight against the Chinese. We had already experienced that we lost our country for Chinese Dayan. What to do with dollar for someone who has no his own country. We don’t have human dignity. We should not go after money and we should not be so greedy. Please remember we are blessed by Phag pa kyenre Zig.
Refuges are better to be simple and poor. Looking back into our country how many our sisters and brothers suffering form Chinese torture. They trust and hope us that we could do something for them. How could we keeping them away from us and go far away country just for stomach and leave them hopeless.
I know we can not do anything for our independence in USA. Yes we have many problems such as political and economic. I myself make sure you that I am living on rent and sometimes I have not enough to pay rent. Many of my friends are like this. But no body torture and killing us.
Please be strong and live simple and keep our precious culture. We don’t do any particular movement except it. Our major Tibetan community in Nepal is very important and it is key how to open our independent door. That’s reason Chinese don’t like Tibetans to be in Nepal and pressure on Nepal to get rid of Tibetans.
This resettlement is what Chinese wanted. So how we can leave Nepal and go far away country? Please think!!!

Free tibet!Free Tibet!Free Tibet!

Jamgyal

Location: Boudha, Nepal
Subject: This resettlement is what Chinese wanted!
Oct 04 2005 08:12 PM

Free tibet!Free Tibet!Free Tibet!

tsering

Location: nepal
Subject: take one person from each pure tibetan's families
Oct 04 2005 04:11 PM

Hi,
Respected Tibetan government of Nepal and India,
We would be very glad to take one person from each families. The problems of Tibetan refugees whether holding R.C or not holding R.C is a same. Tibetan government should think carefully to take one person from each families. you knew very well that we have no tibetan welfare office in nepal. So, if we R.C holders get problems then where should we go. We don't have our permanant office like India does. So, in my thought Tibetan government should send all tibetans from nepal to America.
With high respect to tibetan government and long life our King God,
Hope for best
TENTASH

Location: NEPAL
Subject: BLOCK THIS INVITATION...!!!
Oct 02 2005 09:30 PM

should block this invitation
Every people have different thought, different idea, different attitude...there is no one is similar to each other, some may who have similar but there is different..so i am one of them to say my VIEWS...!!! CTA and Government in exile Should think positively, if it is accept invitation then it may be more population in nepal, because everyone who can eyes on nepal...world knows nepal is critical situation by political parties and maost threads...only thing is we should stop this invitation. If any problem came into nepal for tibetan people then we must shift to india..they surely arranged our needs and also we save our cultural and traditional...every tibetan people mostly eyes on western n around abroad country...they think its most chances for going by blaming on situation...there is no solution to keep safety for tibetan if they think...if they really think about then it must be look after poor people but now i didn't see anything about poor people...all leaders are giving goodnews for rich people and bad news for poor peoples....if invitation is success then am surely tell you that from 100%, the way they are selecting seems to be like leaving poor behind and picking up richer people....!!! it should be block, if it finish then still there is more creating problem....more population will be coming from diffrent direction...india/bhutan and tibet...!!! pls block it....!!! before it too late...if it is right thing to do then should think about poor people...wheather who have RC or Not...!!! every RC holder is not rich, there is poor a lot...!!! Also those who dun have RC, if they apply for then must give it to them...think about those poor people...otherwise BLOCK IT....BEFORE IT TOO LATE,,,!!!
WE ARE SO PROUD OF BEING TIBETAN BECAUSE OF HIS HOLINESS THE 14TH DALAI LAM...WHO STAND US STILL ALIVE FOR FREEDOM...WE MUSTN'T FORGET OUR LAND AND PEOPLE...!!! I REQUEST TO THE PEOPLE OF TIBET...WE MUST GO BACK TO TIBET !!!
Tashi Dhargey

Location: Nepal
Subject: To Chief Minister and CTA
Oct 02 2005 08:38 AM

I read all the comments and each have their own reasons to support their points. I am here also to write my point which is directly to Chief Minister and CTA.
I have great gratitude to H.H. the Dalai Lama and by his Grace, We tibetans are living in proud in all over the world.I want to say strongly to all the tibetans that there is nothing we can achieve without the presence of H.H. the Dalai lama.So, His Holiness established Exile Government to reunite all the tibetans and to be partial in their judgement in any kind of project which will benefits Tibetans.
As we know, in 1991 program of 1000 tibetans in USA is full of favourism and not properly done.All the Tibetans have big black of doubts in their heart regarding CTA management.So, I hope this time they will not repeat such blunder mistakes and will make proper decision which will give benefits tibetans as a whole and that will bring trust which CTA loose in 1991.
After going through all the comments, I read that all the people in Nepal have problems.
Whether tibetans who have RC or not have same kind of problems.Those people who have no RC in kathmandu have decided their willingness not to apply for RC and many of them have nepali or Chinese Citizens.So, CTA have to be careful from these people.
In Pokhara, all tibetans are living in Settlement Camps.So, there is no different whether someone have RC or no RC because those who have no RC are at that time out of the country and since their parents have RC, they can get licence or they can do same like people who have RC by using their parents RC because their names are listed in their parents RC.
So, afterall, all the tibetans in Nepal in general have problems like Tibetans in Pokhara have great problems because they are living on tourist and after all, Maoists problem number of tourists are very few and so, it is hard life there.
So, my ultimate request to Chief Minister and CTA is that it will be very benefits to take one member from each family.They are around 4000 to 4500 families who abide CTA rules and law.
Otherwise, if you are making priority like Lodikchu and Non Tibetan Refugee Card Holder then it will be big mistakes and tibetan in general in Nepal will not accept this decision which will separate tibetans and CTA.
I hope Chief Minister and CTA will take it as positive side instead of threat.
Tom Fitzsimmons

Location: US
Subject: Judgemental?
Oct 02 2005 03:55 AM

Excuse me, but is Khedrup being just a bit judgemental? Perhaps people couldn't afford green book dues. Of course his attitude that any protest against TGIE policies is a direct attack on His Holiness will put him in good stead with our political primitives here in the US.
Again, I look forward to the day when you all arrive from Nepal. The beer is on ice!
Page : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ...7
Tibet Fund confirms 1.5 million USD loan to grant agreement (0)
Kashag’s allegations “false, incomplete and manipulative,” says former NA envoy P. Tsering (0)
Open letter to Tibetans from a German woman (0)
“A small victory for Tibet,” say activists after U20 Chinese football team walkout in Germany (0)
Exile Tibetans vote in Himachal assembly elections (0)
Act with caution: China warns governments against meeting Dalai Lama (0)
Open Letter from Shenpenn Khymsar (0)
TYC activists storm Chinese embassy as China's 19th Party Congress kicks off (0)