New Delhi Police booked all the 33 TYC members who stormed the Chinese Embassy on 21st March 2008 in protest against the brutal killings of the peaceful Tibetan Protestors by the Chinese Colonial regime Under Section 147/149/186/188/332/353/448/511 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). According to the human rights expert, Mr. Ravi Nair, The Executive Director of South Asia Human Rights Documentation Center stated, "Section 511 is quite harsh and could serve them behind bars for more than 7 years if not get them out on bail". Tibetan representatives from Majnu ka Tilla and Regional Tibetan Youth Congress from Shimla, Manali, Nanaital, and Samyeling (MT) were frequently meeting all the arrested members with food and fruits in support of their courage and bravery for successfully storming the Chinese Embassy on 21st march.
The protest has essentially rattled the Chinese Government in Beijing, which summoned the highly respected Indian Ambassador to Beijing Mrs. Nirupama Rao at 2:00 am in the morning. Mr. Dhondup Dorjee, Vice President of TYC, who spearheaded the Chinese Embassy protest, said, "Our intentions were clear, Tibetan protestors who managed to enter the embassy premises have neither injured any Officials nor caused any damages to the Chinese Embassy properties in New Delhi. Tibetans in North America, Europe and Australia have launched more insistent protests at the Chinese Embassies around the World but their Ambassadors in Beijing were not summoned by China at 2:00 am. This obviously demonstrates how China view India and underscores the relation between two newly found neighbors."
Mr. Tsultrim Dorjee, Information Secretary of TYC briefed the visiting members about their activities inside Tihar Jail. He told "Tibetans inside Tihar spend their time by Prayer sessions in morning and afternoon to pay tribute and in solidarity of all the Tibetan martyrs who have sacrificed their life for the Independence of Tibet." Mrs. Tsering Yangchen from RTYC Shimla appealed to TYC Vice President not to get them out on bail plea and further stated, "We are desperately worried about our Tibetan brothers and sisters inside Tibet and appeal to all the International Communities in pressurizing China"
Former General Secretary of TYC, Mr. Tsultrim Dorjee appealed on behalf of all the members from Tihar Jail to United Nations, to immediately dispatch the already existing UN mechanism for Special Rapporteur on Torture and Religious Freedom to visit Tibet and present an indebt report to the world".
TYC Demands that:
- China's Communist Party (CCP) must immediately stop using force against the peaceful Tibetan demonstrators and release all the arrested Tibetans without any condition.
- United Nations must immediately dispatch a Fact Finding Missions inside Tibet and pressurize China to respect the human rights of Tibetans. UN Special Rapporteur on Torture and Religious Freedom must immediately visit Tibet and present a detail report to the International Communities.
- China must immediately stop Cultural Genocide inside Tibet.
- CCP must allow Tibetan people to exercise Freedom of expression, Freedom of movement and Freedom of assembly.
- Without any delay, China must lift the bans on international media and allow free movement of Press in Tibet.
- International Olympic Committee (IOC) must immediately cancel the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.
- We call upon the International Communities to boycott 2008 Beijing Olympic Games in China and support the Tibetan people's aspirations in regaining our lost Independence.
- China must allow free access to international humanitarian organizations to provide emergency medical assistance for all the injured Tibetans who were hurt and badly injured.