After winning the final round of elections with an overwhelming majority of nearly 91 percent, Prof. Samdhong Rinpoche began his second, successive term as the Kalon Tripa from 15 August. Till the 13th Kashag’s office will be formed Kalon Tripa said that he will take the responsibilities of supervising the works of the seven departments of the CTA.
This morning Kalon Tripa, Prof. Samdhong Rinpoche declared the names proposed for the Kalons for the 13th Kashag (cabinet) to the members of the Assembly of the Tibetan People's Deputies (ATPD). If unopposed from the members of the assembly, the names proposed will be passed and 13th Kashag will form a 6 member office.
The session is in progress at the moment.
The names proposed for the 13th Kashag Office are:
- Kesang Y. Takla, the Representative of His Holiness the Dalai Lama for Northern Europe.
- Thupten Lungrik, Minister of Education and Health, Central Tibetan Administration.
- Kasur Tempa Tsering, the Representative of H.H. the Dalai Lama in New Delhi.
- Lobsang Nyandak Zayul, Minister of Finance and Information and International Relations of Central Tibetan Administration.
- Tsering Phuntsok (Nyingma tradition), member of the Standing Committee of Exile Tibetan Legislature.